[Ubuntu PA] digital picture frame w/ DSL

silvertip257 silvertip257 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 23:11:03 BST 2007

Thank you for the suggestion to use Debian.  I've got Etch (4.0).

After half struggling through hardware issues (I think), I got it installed.
I have almost all of the pkgs that I wanted intstalled w/o any excess space
taken up.

Now all I need to do is to configure every single app/service.
I'm talking about:
conky (newer&active alternative to torsmo)
feh (setup my pic dir)
unclutter (setup idle timer)
freenx (ssh server)
various informative scripts (that I won't give up on!)
web-based sftp server [something secure] to add pictures to the frame
(possibility, but I would need help w/ that)

Thanks for the ideas in previous messages.  If you've got any more, send
them to me.
I'm diligently working and learning (at some points learning too much ^_^)
while I complete this project.

Thanks,
Mike