[Ubuntu PA] Anyone interested....

Elizabeth Bevilacqua lyz at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 16 13:55:06 BST 2007

On 8/16/07, Matt Mossholder <matt at mossholder.com> wrote:
>         Any of those would work. I was thinking, however, that I'd like to have
> it be a more "hands on" sort of thing, rather than lots of slides and
> such. If I could get the proper facilities to let up to 10 people or so
> come with PCs (and more who are interested w/o), then we can walk
> through the process and people leave with a functional system, if all
> goes well.

Sounds good, I'll start asking around for a location.

I expect the best time to do this would be a Saturday or Sunday
afternoon? Squeezing this into a weekday evening might be a bit much.
And when will you be ready to do this?

>         I'd be willing to do a more standard presentation as well, but if
> someone just did one for Plug West, then timing probably isn't right.

I think there is still enough interest, especially since the West talk
focused on HD and glazed over MythTV configuration itself.

>         On the more conventional presentation front, I have a few ideas
> floating around in my head as well. These are based upon things I have
> up and running, either at work or home...
>
>                 *Kerberos / LDAP for central authentication in Ubuntu
>                  (Heimdal/OpenLdap/libnss-ldap/libpam-ccreds)
>
>                 *Xen virtualization (light weight, and super fast)
>
>                 *Compiz

PLUG would be interested in the first and third. Xen has been pretty
heavily covered by Montco and West because we have our meetings at
Unisys (Blue Bell and Malvern, respectively) and Unisys is big into
Xen development, there have been more than a few talks by Unisys
employees. Feel free to drop me a note off-list if you want to do
presentations on any of these, when you're available and which
location you'd like to present at, we'll find something that'll work.

--
Elizabeth Bevilacqua
http://www.princessleia.com