[Ubuntu PA] EVENT: Ubuntu Training at NTR in Philly

Kevin Valentine kevin.valentine at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 03:21:53 BST 2007

There is an event for NTR coming up next week, August 22nd.  Jim and I
will be training NTR staff on how to install and configure Ubuntu.
We've described it on the wiki here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PennsylvaniaTeam/CommunityOutreachTeam/NtrTraining

We were kind of lax about announcing this because the event happens
during the day from 10am to 2pm and we know not many (if any) will be
able to make it.  Unfortunately, the time had be this way so we could
get access to most of NTR's staff.  If any of you can make it, please
sign up on the wiki.  We would certainly appreciate the support.

We plan to have at least two more meetings with NTR in the near future.
One will be a Q&A follow-up and another will be project day.  One topic
we have in mind is the install/configure/use of LAMP.  NTR is still
using FileMaker Pro for inventory.  It would be nice to show them how
easy it is to build a form interface with OO Base to a MySQL table.

-kevin