[Ubuntu PA] digital picture frame w/ DSL

silvertip257 silvertip257 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 21:05:55 BST 2007

Thank you all.

I'd like to still use DSL (deep down) but repos and good pkgs for it are
scarce.
Debian may be my best bet as it is, Ubuntu is based off of it, etc.

I'll hopefully not be too tired from the drive that I'll have time to jump
in the IRC channel.

Thanks again - I'm ready to get working on it (digital picture frame) again!

Mike

On 8/10/07, Alex Gretlein <gretlein at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/10/07, Elizabeth Bevilacqua <lyz at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > On 8/10/07, Elizabeth Bevilacqua <lyz at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > Just to clarify what I meant here.
> >
> > Good and doesn't install tons of junk: Debian/Ubuntu server install +
> > apt-get install xserver-xorg && apt-get install fluxbox
> >
> > Bad and installs tons of junk: Debian/Ubuntu GUI install
> >

> I absolutely and wholeheartedly second these points. There might also
> be choices other than flux, since you'll pretty much only ever have
> one program open fullscreen.

// S¡£√єяŦ¡ρ²57  //
ХµßµиŦµ 7.Ø4 (ƒє¡ѕŦ¥ ƒαώи)
http://www.xubuntu.org/