[Ubuntu PA] Cheap cards for 3D desktop

silvertip257 silvertip257 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 16:32:19 BST 2007

nice find Kevin.

I find the 3D desktop (Beryl and Compiz both) nice, but they can be a major
pain when typing stuff up for school and leaving the auto-focus thing on --
it makes my typing window transparent/off-focus when I'd rather it not.
BUT, that's my fault for being to lazy to modify the settings rather than
turning it off completely for that time.

I'd like to add, I installed Ubuntu 7.04 64-bit addition on a custom build
PC w/ an AMD 3000+ and an ATI card in it.  I added Beryl to auto launch on
startup and man does that thing run nice.  Unfortunately, it wasn't my comp
- it was my professor's lab machine, so I only get to enjoy it when I'm on
campus!

~~ Mike