[Ubuntu Oregon] let's do events!

Benjamin Kerensa bkerensa at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 17:19:31 UTC 2018

I’m thinking it might be too late now as I look at events already in
planned for OSCON it seems most have speakers booked and their events
planned out.

If we wanted to do one later in the year we could be more successful but
we’d need a dedicated team of volunteers that can take time off from school
or work and be available the days before and during an UbuCon plus months
before spending a lot of time planning out speakers and venue.

On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 8:18 AM Walter Lapchynski <wxl at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Is this still something we want to do?
>
> On Sun, Nov 05, 2017 at 03:43:58AM +0000, Benjamin Kerensa wrote:
> > For both yes but the UbuCon will take a lot of work and we’d need
> > significant funding for sound gear, food, etc.
> >
> > If we do an UbuCon we might want to plan it the weekend before OSCON next
> > year so people can attend.
> >
> > Let’s setup a meeting to brainstorm and identify needs and costs and we
> can
> > pitch to Canonical.

> kyle.fazzari at canonical.com>
> > >
> > > Count me in, as well!
> > >
> > > You serious, Ben?
> > > --
> > >        @wxl | polka.bike
> > > C563 CAC5 8BE1 2F22 A49D
> > > 68F6 8B57 A48B C4F2 051A
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > --
> > *Benjamin Kerensa*
> > *http://benjaminkerensa.com <http://benjaminkerensa.com>*
> > *"I am what I am because of who we all are" - Ubuntu*
>
> > --

>        @wxl | polka.bike
> C563 CAC5 8BE1 2F22 A49D
> 68F6 8B57 A48B C4F2 051A