[Ubuntu Oregon] Salem Ubuntu meeting.

Benjamin Kerensa bkerensa at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 20:33:41 UTC 2017

Let’s do an 18.04 release party here in Portland we’d need to start
planning in February and get some funds for the basics. Also I’d like to
consider an Ubucon in July alongside OSCON but need enough hands we’d need
at least five people committed to come and help work two full days on it
plus setup.

For a decent release party I think we’d need about $700 for pizzas, drinks,
snacks and maybe some giveaways. Venue is easy and free to get.

For an Ubucon we’d be looking at closer to $5-10k depending on scale and
how many participants we open it to.

On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 12:09 PM Cody Smith <cody.smith at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> I thought it was agreed on to skip this one as it falls pretty close to
> the holidays, am I mistaken?
>
> On Dec 15, 2017 8:42 AM, "Phil N" <philn at delfinomicro.com> wrote:
>

>> Just letting you know I won't be able to make Ubuntu Hour this evening
>> taking place in Salem. As once again I'm sabotaged by the holiday
>> festivities. I was really hoping to make our last meeting of the year,
>> however my family has made other plans.  Have a great meeting, see you all
>> next year.
>>
>> With any luck this next year we "may" actually have a release party for
>> Ubuntu 18.04 LTS Bionic Beaver.  It would be fantastic to have a release
>> party themed around the "Beaver."  As most know - Oregon is also home to
>> the Beavers, which comprise several athletic teams representing Oregon
>> State University.  However that's not the only thing Ubuntu Bionic Beaver
>> has in common with Oregon State Beavers..... Both logos are also colored
>> Orange. ;-)  And as you all know, the cool commonalities between Linux and
>> Oregon don't stop there.
>>
>> Wishing everyone a very merry Christmas, and a happy happy happy New Year.
>>
>> Thank you everyone for another fantastic year of running Linux and
>> Ubuntu, and thank you all for being part of out tech community.
>>
>> Best Wishes
>> Phil. N

>> * Sent from a system running Ubuntu  *

Benjamin Kerensa