[Ubuntu Oregon] Feeling abandoned?

Che Dean dean.che at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 17:53:40 UTC 2017

Not sure about that, Pat. Mark appeared to back UBports taking over
development of UTouch earlier on G+.

"I would like to thank all of you for your spirit and intellect and energy
in the Unity8 adventure. Popescu Sorin, your videos of Unity8 have been the
best way for me to see that dream take shape! I hope they continue to
inspire desktop developers around the world. And the beauty of free
software is that projects are bigger than people or companies.

Many elements of the code in the Ubuntu Phone project continue - snaps grew
out of our desire to ship apps reliably and efficiently and securely, the
unity8 code itself will continue to be useful for UBports and other
projects. And the ideas that we have pushed for are now spreading too.

Finally, I should celebrate that Ubuntu consists of so many overlapping
visions of personal computing, that we have the ability to move quickly to
support the Ubuntu GNOME community with all the resources of Canonical to
focus on stability, upgrades, integration and experience. That's only
possible because of the diversity of shells in the Ubuntu family, and I am
proud of all of our work across that full range." ~ Mark Shuttleworth