[Ubuntu Oregon] Feeling abandoned?

Walter Lapchynski wxl at ubuntu.com
Fri Apr 7 15:56:45 UTC 2017

> Disconsolate over the end of Unity?

…and sad to see Qt development in Ubuntu diminish? No worries, there's
always Kubuntu! In fact, if the change of desktop environment is the
issue there are plenty of [others][1].

I'm kind of screwed this year as far as time is concerned but maybe
making a release party around flavors might actually be a good thing. As
a contributor to two flavors, I can say they don't get nearly as much
attention as Ubuntu proper does, but there's some exciting stuff going
on there. Anyone want to organize such a thing? I'm sure I could wrangle
funding from Canonical.

[1]: https://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu-flavours