[Ubuntu Oregon] Ubuntu Hour 10/21

Phil N philn at delfinomicro.com
Fri Oct 21 23:41:47 UTC 2016

I maybe able to make this meeting.

I recently installed a full-install of Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS, and having some
issues with Skype, and Google-Talk.  Found its best to apt-get Skype verses
installing it from Skype.com. It seems the later (from Skype) does not
include status-bar message area for icon, where the repository does.

Also note: For those using Skype, the application is no longer supported,
in favor of their newer Cloud version, which is browser-based.  I
personally don't want to constantly keep a browser window open, so I can
receive Skype calls, so I'm glad I could get it working with Ubuntu
16.04.1.  I'll talk more about this topic this evening.

Thanks for the meeting reminder,

Phil. N

* Sent from a system running Ubuntu  *