[Ubuntu Oregon] Linuxfest Northwest April 23 & 24 2016 Bellingham WA

Walter Lapchynski wxl at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 12 01:41:50 UTC 2016

I'm not sure if i can make it. work may be an issue for me, too. Meanwhile,
I'd like to make sure we get community donations funding for everyone going
and for a promo pack.

I'll also work on the banner and maybe a tablecloth.

maybe i can get them to cover Ubuntu Oregon flyers, but someone needs to
update at least the website. anyone willing?

generally, Canonical deals in reimbursements, so if anyone knows their
costs for transportation and/or hotels, let me know. make sure to check for
hotel specials with lfnw.

also is ubuntu-pnw a real thing? i thought this was deprecated because of
the CC being unwilling to recognize it. however, i can see a certain
validity to having an avenue for at least Washington and Oregon to cross
talk. the state LoCos should be sub teams of it on launchpad.

@wxl | http://polka.bike
Lubuntu Release Manager & Head of QA
Ubuntu PPC Point of Contact
Ubuntu Oregon Team Leader
Ubuntu Membership Board & LoCo Council Member
Eugene Unix & GNU/Linux User Group Co-organizer
Looks like we'll be going. We're just looking at accommodation now, the
Greyhound bus is very reasonable. I'll let you know when we have final
details worked out. I'll also look into bringing some Ubuntu USBs with us.

On Thu, 11 Feb 2016 at 06:00 Scarlett Clark <scarlett.gately.clark at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I was planning to go. I of course have not anything near in preparation.
> Cheers,
> Scarlett
>
> On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 5:58 AM, Cody Smith <cody.smith9202 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I won't be able to help out, don't have enough hours I can take off from
>> work, sadly. I intend to go next year though (already planning for it).
>> Have fun whomever goes!
>>
>> --c_smith
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 12:52 AM, Valorie Zimmerman <
>> valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Resending to Oregon team
>>>
>>> Originally to: Washington Ubuntu Team <ubuntu-us-wa at lists.ubuntu.com>,
>>> ubuntu-us-pnw at lists.ubuntu.com, ubuntu-or-us at lists.ubuntu.com
>>>

>>> Hello folks, today I booked my hotel room [1], applied for Ubuntu
>>> Community Fund for the cost of that room, and requested a table for
>>> the Ubuntu PNW team [2]. I plan to ask the Vancouver BC team to join
>>> us if possible [3].
>>>
>>> Please lay your plans to head up to Bellingham in April, and help out
>>> at the table if you can. Does anybody have the tablecloth, banner,
>>> etc? How about some DVDs to burn? I'll have all the ISOs on my laptop;
>>> if you are bringing a laptop with a DVD burner, please download as
>>> many ISOs as you can. Torrents are really the best if possible. This
>>> is an LTS release, so it will be popular.
>>>
>>> Valorie
>>>
>>> 1. http://www.linuxfestnorthwest.org/
>>> 2.
>>> http://www.linuxfestnorthwest.org/2016/sponsors/ubuntu-pacific-northwest