[Ubuntu Oregon] LTS Release party.

Phillip N philn at deltatriad.net
Sat Sep 5 05:10:11 UTC 2015

During this Friday's Ubuntu Hour (Salem, OR), the topic of Ubuntu Release
Party for October, was raised.   The Ubuntu LoCo team previously disused
this topic via emails sent during the month of April, 2015.  The email's
topic (thread) was "[Ubuntu Oregon] Release party", just in case you want
to preform an email search to refresh your RAM.  The general consensuses
back in April was, wait until September to plan release party, because most
of our key LoCo team members were attending LFNW during April.

The next coming Ubuntu release 15.10 code named "Wily Werewolf," is due out
October 22nd, 2015.  Six months later Ubuntu 16.04, which is a Long Term
Support (LTS) release, is due out in April, 2016.

If it is decided to have a release party, we (James, Cody, and Phil) feel
it best to celebrate the LTS release, coming up in April, 2016.  However
LinuxFest Northwest will also be taking place during April 23-24, 2016.  So
this could once again cause a scheduling conflict, in less we have LTS
release party sometime in May ;-)

All this is of course suggestions, and is completely up to the rest of the
LoCo team.

Thanks,
Phil. N