[Ubuntu Oregon] LTS Release party.

Walter Lapchynski wxl at ubuntu.com
Sat Oct 10 04:15:22 UTC 2015

Um did we ever figure out this whole release party thing? Have we been
waiting to hear back from me? I need to check with Ben, if that's the case.
Someone let me know.

On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 12:47 PM, Phillip N <philn at deltatriad.net> wrote:

> I didn't think about having TLS release party during LFNW - good idea Che,
> although I just checked motel reservations and seen most are sold out,
> except for the +$100 motels. :-(
>
> Walter - is there anything in the works for an LTS release party, and can
> we due this?
>
> If we can, perhaps in May 2016, at Mozilla, if Ben is still willing to
> host us at Mozilla.  We may not be able to have it at Broadway
> Coffee-house, which is owned by Alliance Church. After talking with someone
> from Alliance Church, I kind of got the impression they only want Church
> members to rent meeting rooms.
>
> So it'll have to be at Mozilla (Portland), or during LFNW in Bellingham,
> WA, or some place else on earth.... or not... LOL.
>
> Ciao for now
> Phil. N
>

> /***********************************
> *  Sent from my Commodore 64  *
> ***********************************/
>
> On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 10:19 PM, Che Dean <dean.che at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> We could also have an early release party at Septembeer Fest next
>> weekend. ;-) The LTS release party would probably be best put back until
>> May unless everyone is going to LFNW in which case we could have it there.
>>
>> On Fri, 4 Sep 2015 at 22:10 Phillip N <philn at deltatriad.net> wrote:
>>

>>> During this Friday's Ubuntu Hour (Salem, OR), the topic of Ubuntu
>>> Release Party for October, was raised.   The Ubuntu LoCo team previously
>>> disused this topic via emails sent during the month of April, 2015.  The
>>> email's topic (thread) was "[Ubuntu Oregon] Release party", just in case
>>> you want to preform an email search to refresh your RAM.  The general
>>> consensuses back in April was, wait until September to plan release party,
>>> because most of our key LoCo team members were attending LFNW during
>>> April.
>>>
>>> The next coming Ubuntu release 15.10 code named "Wily Werewolf," is due
>>> out October 22nd, 2015.  Six months later Ubuntu 16.04, which is a Long
>>> Term Support (LTS) release, is due out in April, 2016.
>>>
>>> If it is decided to have a release party, we (James, Cody, and Phil)
>>> feel it best to celebrate the LTS release, coming up in April, 2016.
>>> However LinuxFest Northwest will also be taking place during April 23-24,
>>> 2016.  So this could once again cause a scheduling conflict, in less we
>>> have LTS release party sometime in May ;-)
>>>
>>> All this is of course suggestions, and is completely up to the rest of
>>> the LoCo team.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Phil. N
>>>

>>> --

@wxl | http://polka.bike
Lubuntu Release Manager & Head of QA
Ubuntu PPC Point of Contact
Ubuntu Oregon LoCo Team Leader
Ubuntu Membership Board & LoCo Council Member
Eugene Unix & GNU/Linux User Group Co-Organizer