[Ubuntu Oregon] Release party?

Benjamin Kerensa bkerensa at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 17:13:11 UTC 2015

Ubuntu Community Donations... The money is donated to the Community not
Canonical. :)

On Apr 13, 2015 8:26 AM, "Walter Lapchynski" <wxl at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Again, Canonical community donations:
> https://forms.canonical.com/cda/
>
> @wxl
> Lubuntu Release Manager, Head of QA
> Ubuntu PPC Point of Contact
> Ubuntu Oregon Team Leader
> Eugene Unix & GNU/Linux User Group Co-organizer
>
> On Apr 12, 2015 7:44 PM, "Cody Smith" <cody.smith9202 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Also, food is gonna be another story, being as I have less money than I
thought, I might have to get people to chip in for food and drink or
something. I'll for sure cover the venue if that ends up costing anything.

>> --c_smith
>>
>> On Sun, Apr 12, 2015 at 7:11 PM, Walter Lapchynski <wxl at ubuntu.com>
wrote:

>>> I'm sure we could get Canonical to send stuff. You know about the
community donations, no?

won't be a giveaway, but what Ubuntu 14.04 disks I have left are still up
for grabs, and I have a craptonne of Firefox buttons and a bunch of pens
that will also be up for grabs.

is looking to be the most probable), plus I'm having to deal with BOTH of
my main PCs breaking, leaving me with a chromebook with no operable ctrl
keys. So I may not have much money to work with.

but I need to make sure I'm on the right page :)

since I'd have to rent a car. Did we settle on a place? :)

he'll be at LFNW, so I have a few possible places I can contact for a
venue, one of them being Broadway Commons' meeting rooms. I'll be getting
to work on that, Ben, if it works out better and is feasible, do you think
Mozilla would be able to do the venue? I'd rather have something here in
Salem for once, but if I find nothing in the next week, we may have to fall
back on that.

portland and Eugene are both 45 minutes and an hour and 15 minutes
respectively worth of driving.

is the main reason I sent the original email, and Broadway Commons' meeting
rooms would be viable, but I'd only do this IF nobody else was doing a
release party elsewhere, don't want to have too many things going on at
once. There's a set of meeting rooms that COULD do perfectly, the venue has
decent wifi (albeit unprotected, which is something I am not too keen on),
I'd probably have to see about the food and drink. and the venue is
something that has to be booked beforehand and isn't free. So, I guess
we'll see what Walter says, I'll see if I can ping him tonight or tomorrow.

but Salem or here in Corvallis sounds good. I'll have to clear it
S0rceress0 but it should be fine. Would be great to have a meet up instead
of just the two of us and the BBQ.

need to know sooner than later to book. We have WiFi, AV, beverages and
snacks.

in motion to find a place here in Salem to have a release party, what do
you all say about this? should I put some wheels in motion for this, or do
you have something in the works, Walter?