[Ubuntu Oregon] web presence (< group presence)

James Bradley jim at oregoncanoesport.com
Thu Sep 11 15:14:51 UTC 2014

There was a Salem Linux Users Group (SLUG, cute, eh?) some years back,
but is suffered from lack of participation. I remember the coordinator
calling for someone to take over, but then it just quietly folded. If I
recall, he was a state worker trying to generate interest within the
state government. Unfortunately, most state techs are heavily invested
in having learned proprietary solutions and give short shrift to Open
Source of any sort. But then, have you heard of Cover Oregon?

Salem Hackers is primarily concerned with scripting languages and such.

JVLB