[Ubuntu Oregon] your help needed!

Patrick Olson compman42 at linuxusers.us
Tue Sep 9 00:27:14 UTC 2014

On Mon, September 8, 2014 4:11 pm, âˆ
 wrote:

> Well, I wanted to get us a website again, so I tried to get Canonical
> to take care of the hosting. Unfortunately, that's something they only
> offer for verified teams, and it appears we're not.

Could one of the Internet's various free hosts be used until the team is
verified, or is something more needed?

> Can folks give me an idea of what's going on in their neck of the
> woods? Any relevant events would be helpful. Linux User Group events

Nothing that I know of, but then I'm kind out in the middle of nowhere
(the nearest town is Turner).

> I would appreciate it if anyone would be willing to step up and be the
> unofficial point of contact for their neck of the woods. I can handle
> Eugene, but Portland, Salem, Southern Oregon, Bend-ish, and points
> East could all use people. I just need someone to talk to. No titles
> or real work required. :)

I doubt you need a contact person for "middle of nowhere" but I always
welcome emails if there's anything I can do from my home office.