[Ubuntu Oregon] Ubuntu membership

Walter Lapchynski wxl at ubuntu.com
Wed Nov 26 23:36:30 UTC 2014

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 3:30 PM, Patrick Olson <compman42 at linuxusers.us> wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Nov 2014 15:08:56 -0800, Walter Lapchynski <wxl at ubuntu.com>
> wrote:
>> What kind of testing did you have in mind?
> I hadn't really thought it through. I just figured testing would be where I
> was least "like a fish out of water" since that's where my work experience
> is. However, maybe the question is what can I do with limited Internet
> bandwidth and old hardware?

I'd say bugs would be a good place for you. You can help with triage
(part of which is confirming the actual bug, which is a form of
testing). Basically they confirm bugs and gather enough information
that they can then be passed onto developers. Often times testing to
figure out the actual problem is involved. Not to mention pulling down
fixes upstream (if you grab the diff, it's very small) and make sure
they actually do what they're supposed to do without regression.

More info here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Triage

I'm part of the Bug Squad/Bug Control, so I can help you there, too!

--
@wxl
Lubuntu Release Manager, Head of QA