[Ubuntu Oregon] Re-Verification Meeting tomorrow at noon

Walter Lapchynski wxl at ubuntu.com
Mon Nov 17 19:24:20 UTC 2014

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 11:18 AM, Patrick Olson <compman42 at linuxusers.us> wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Nov 2014 11:11:27 -0800, Walter Lapchynski <wxl at ubuntu.com>
> wrote:

>> Cool. Approved. Now we just need to make you an Ubuntu Member :)
> Thanks. I guess I missed a step somewhere. I'm sure this would be like a
> frequently asked question, so if someone could point me in the right
> direction, I'll go read the instructions and see what I missed. :)

That's NOT a required component of membership to the LoCo, but it is
ultimately a goal of the community at large, and certainly a part of
what the LoCo should do. Basically membership is a recognition of
continued contribution to the project as a whole. Note that doesn't
mean code, either. More info here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Membership

>> Well, I think we should make this a team effort. I think we should
>> start putting a blueprint together. We can brainstorm ideas and put up
>> design sketches. I know we have several web-savvy folks on the team
>> and a couple that are great with design. Once I figure out how to make
>> blueprints…

Figured it out. We now have a project for the website and we have our
first blueprint, to brainstorm ideas:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu-us-or+web/+spec/ubuntu-us-or-web-brainstorm
Feel free to add whatever you like to the whiteboard.

BTW Patrick, feel free to join us on IRC at #ubuntu-us-or. We've
become a little less boring than in the past ;)

--
@wxl
Lubuntu Release Manager, Head of QA