[Ubuntu Oregon] new leadership

ø carsrcoffins23 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 11 16:50:50 UTC 2014

> From: Benjamin Kerensa <bkerensa at ubuntu.com>
> Subject: [Ubuntu Oregon] Fwd: wxl23 approved by bkerensa
> Sometime ago I announced my plan to step down from Ubuntu Oregon as
> the team contact and lead and did a call for help. Nobody initially
> answered that or subsequent calls although today Walter Lapchynski of
> Eugene, OR has volunteered to fill the team contact role.
> I hope you all will support him in this new role and that he can
> reinvigorate the community here in Oregon.

Thank you, Benjamin, and thanks everyone else for all the well wishes.
Having never before been a team lead (and actually JUST realizing that
Oregon had a LoCo), I'll certainly need your help. If you play any
significant role (whether real, de facto, or imagined) and/or know about
any significant events, please let me know. I understand what duties I
need to perform but I don't know what we've been doing, so I'll need a
little help.

Furthermore, my main goal is to help with organizing and
advocating but the strength of the LoCo is the actual members. That
being said, you guys are doing the real work. Introduce yourself somehow
so I can get to know you all. IRC is often a preferred form of contact
for me so come say hi sometime!

Also, I don't get to PDX much. Obviously, there's a lot of activity, so
I need some extra help there. I understand there's a contignent in
Salem. Anywhere else?

Speaking of needing to be filled in:

> From: James Bradley <jim at oregoncanoesport.com>
> Subject: Re: [Ubuntu Oregon] Ubuntu Hour this week?
> The specification was first and third Fridays; this will be the second.

This seems to contradict what I see on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Hour:
"Salem, Oregon - 6PM every Friday @ Broadway Commons Coffeehouse 1300
Broadway St NE, Salem, OR 97301, be sure tp bring money to buy something
for the restriction they placed."

I should point out, this isn't even on the LoCo page. No meetings are.

And speaking of meetings, is there a scheduled time for meetings on
#ubuntu-meeting?

And finally, who do I talk to about getting the website back up? Is this
something I should bring up to the LoCo Council?

Anything else I forgot? Don't hesitate to drop me a line.

wxl

P.S. anyone else planning to be at OSCON?