[Ubuntu Oregon] [Important!] Wiki Updates, Team Organisation

Nathan Williams nathan at nathanewilliams.com
Fri May 4 06:39:53 UTC 2012

Hey everybody,

First off, sorry if you happened to be subscribed to the wiki, and ended
up getting spammed tonite.

We want to make things as easy and clear as possible for new members, so
I've done some clean-up and simplification of the Ubuntu Oregon LoCo
wiki pages.

Here's a summary of how we're simplifying:

Membership
The membership list has been removed from the wiki pages. Since the
Community Council measures a LoCo groups membership on LaunchPad, we ask
that members join the ubuntu-us-or group there.

To do so, just head over to http://launchpad.net/ to sign in or
register, and then visit http://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-us-or to join.

I've saved the list of members, and will be sending a reminder email to
anybody who was listed on the home page that hasn't joined the group on
LaunchPad.

If you have any questions w/r/t this, don't hesitate to holler.

Reporting
Team reports are a drudge, but it helps us to keep track of what we're
doing. The wiki guide for helping out with team reports have been
clarified, and someone (probably me :P ) will be reviewing at the end of
each month to make sure we got everything recorded.

Good at taking notes? If you're interested in contributing to the team,
volunteers are welcome, and it takes maybe an hour a month. Email me for
a crash course if you're interested.

Activity
Did you know?? The (relatively) new loco.ubuntu.com site is a fantastic
way to record and keep up with what's going on with the Ubuntu Oregon
LoCo. Registering any meetings, events or activities there makes it easy
to compile the Team Reports, easy to see what's coming up, and easy to
get alerts when something new gets added!

Our teams site is: http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/ubuntu-us-or

Subscribe by RSS or iCal feed, and be sure to add anything you do!

The Guru List
One of the easiest ways you can contribute to the Ubuntu ecosphere is by
using your experience and expertise to help solve problems and answer
questions.

Right now, we've got a page focusing on Forums and IRC. If you have a
special interest or skill, please add your name and contact info here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/OregonTeam/TeamProjects/ForumIRCHelp. Knowing
who to talk to is half the battle!

Since askubuntu.com has become so popular, that page is probably in for
a makeover, but for now, if you help out on askubuntu.com, feel free to
add your askubuntu.com contact details as well. :)

Thanks for reading, and many thanks to everyone for helping make this
team and Ubuntu a great success.

As always, if you have any questions, comments or concerns, feel free to
speak out!

Regards,

Nathan Williams