Ubuntu LoCo Council Updates LoCo Approval Guidelines

Benjamin Kerensa bkerensa at ubuntu.com
Wed Mar 21 20:04:50 UTC 2012

Hello Everyone,

The LoCo Council[0] has released a updated approval criteria[1] that
outlines the expectations of the LoCo Council for becoming an approved LoCo.

As was discussed on IRC shortly after their decision to decline us
I really feel we strongly met all the criteria for approval and I
still think we meet all the criteria for approval even under their
updated list of expectations[1].

I hope that in the coming months we will be successful in re-application
and that the LoCo Council will vote on our application based upon
the criteria they have publicly published and not anything outside
of that.

We are a wonderful LoCo that is growing everyday with members working
on Advocacy, Documentation, Bugs, Development, Leadership and much
more.

I encourage you all to sustain the great contributions you make to
the Ubuntu Community and look forward to any feedback on any
improvements you would like to see in our local community.

[0] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoCouncil
[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoCouncil/TeamApprovalGuidelines
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoCouncil/LoCoTeamReApproval

--