What can we improve on the LoCo Website?

Cody Smith cody.smith9202 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 03:23:24 UTC 2012

I have a one suggestion, which is linking to the Ubuntu site and possibly
the download page (and getting permission as needed), or hosting the Ubuntu
ISOs locally if possible, or both.

On Mar 6, 2012 6:22 PM, "Benjamin Kerensa" <bkerensa at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> I had a look at the Ubuntu Oregon Google Analytics data for last month
today and notice we received 8,222 unique hits last month which is 8,222
potential Ubuntu Users or existing users who sought out information on
Ubuntu Oregon.

> In a effort to grow our ranks here in Oregon I want to do everything
possible to make sure we are reaching as many Oregonians as possible
through every venue available to us especially on the web. One thing I
think needs improvement is our site could use prominent placement of
widgets or links to our social media pages so we can grow our followers in
those crucial areas.

> I'm asking for input on any changes you might think we need to make to
improve our chances of increasing participation statewide!

> Here is a screenshot from Google Analytics:
> http://i.imgur.com/Tg6A6.png
>
> Notably we are getting visits from almost every college in the state and
a handful of K-12 school districts and of course all the major tech
companies.