Ubuntu Global Jam - The Final Details

Benjamin Kerensa bkerensa at ubuntu.com
Fri Mar 2 19:40:10 UTC 2012

Hello All,

As Sunday approaches quickly I wanted to share the final details for
Global Jam which is:

When: Sunday, March 4th 2012 from 10:00am to 8pm PST
Where: FreeGeek, 1731 SE 10th Avenue, Portland, OR  (Look for building
with Tux Penguins)
What: We will be having a Ubuntu Global Jam with heavy emphasis on bug
work and will have a presentation by Steve Langasek and
Brian Murray who will also provide guidance on some important bug
focuses for the event.

What you need: Please make sure to bring a Laptop if you own one and try
to have either have Ubuntu 12.04 Beta 1 Installed on the HDD or have a
USB Stick LiveCD available we will have a limited number of USB Stick's
available for use during the event.

Food: This event will have some food and beverage that is provided by
other attendees as of this moment we have three people bring food and
beverage and we could use more
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtgrtpbXJZ2zdDViejB1bmtmVFRSR2tkb3lYZGp3Vnc#gid=0

Suggested items:
* Soda
* Water Bottles
* Veggie Tray
* Chips and Dip

If you have not RSVP'ed please consider doing so
http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-us-or/1553/detail/ this is used for
reports to the Ubuntu Community Council to show our activity levels and
also will let me forecast our last minute needs for food and other
logistics.

Note: You do not need to have any development experience to attend
although the event will be highly technical we do hope those who lack
development experience may walk away with some new abilities and this
may further their contributions to Ubuntu.

--
Benjamin Kerensa                          "I am what I am because
Team Lead, Ubuntu Oregon                  of who we all are." - Ubuntu
bkerensa at ubuntu.com
http://ubuntu-oregon.org