[Ubuntu Oregon] Salem Ubuntu Hour 6/27

David Duncan dduncan at hexi.com
Fri Jun 29 21:54:15 UTC 2012

KMUZ received a donated laptop: Sony Vaio Pentium3, 967GHz, 256MB ram,
30 GB drive. I tried several times to install Xubuntu... Live boot
worked (took almost an hour to boot), including internet, but when
trying to boot into installer, it claimed there was no internet and
froze. Does anyone have a pet install procedure that might work on
this, and/or have some suitable old RAM that might speed things up?