[Ubuntu Oregon] Additional changelog notes

James Bradley jim at oregoncanoesport.com
Fri Jun 29 17:29:01 UTC 2012

On 06/29/2012 09:55 AM, Brian Murray wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 09:49:14AM -0700, James Bradley wrote:
>> Altered logo image on first page to eliminate ghosting. Scribus
>> apparently has some problems with images incorporating transparency.
>>
>> Changed copy on second page to eliminate overuse of word "provide".
>> Replaced some instances with "offers" and "supplies".
> I'd imagine that people would want to print these flyers on their own so
> that they can easily resupply locations in their area.  In which the use
> of color photos may result in poor looking copies.  Perhaps there could
> also be one with black and white photos?
>
> Additionally, I wonder if distributors of the flyer may want to add
> individual contact information to it for example I might add my email
> address.  (As one person is more approachable than a whole mailing
> list.)  In which case perhaps leaving some blank room for that would be
> a good idea.
>
> --
> Brian Murray

The color issue came up early on and the decision was to go with full
color for quality and the immediate use at hand, OSCON. It's easy enough
to substitute B/W photos, though these photos are dark, without a lot of
contrast, and probably won't reproduce well in B/W. I've had to work the
original images quite a bit, with contrast and other filters, to get the
results you see. In other words, what we really need is better photos,
but it is what it is.

I've made some B/W copies of the images, which can be used if desired.
It might make more sense to go all B/W, but I think this is a bridge to
cross when we come to it. New photos or new copy can be substituted as
available, but I think we should finish this up, first.

I've moved the URL at the bottom of the ~ Home section, to allow for the
application of an adhesive label.

JVLB