[Ubuntu Oregon] Thoughts on "LoCo Members" and "Joining Ubuntu Oregon"

Benjamin Kerensa bkerensa at ubuntu.com
Thu Jun 21 21:47:52 UTC 2012

Hello Everyone,

With the warm months now upon us and a little sun I have felt rather
optimistic about launching an all out grassroots campaign to grow Ubuntu
Oregon's ranks and stimulate regional activity and some of the ideas I
have to try and accomplish that goal are as follows:

1. I think Ubuntu Oregon needs brochures in a pdf format that anyone can
print and leave and libraries, community boards etc and as such James
Bradley has offered to contribute to the community by working on such a
brochure.

2. I think we need to try and get more CD's and material in the hands of
people in rural areas and smaller cities and towns where Open Source may
not be as prevalent. It is my hope once these brochures are done that
Nathan and I can do a road trip to Central and Southern Oregon and
distribute some of these brochures and some CD's at rural libraries and
community center's or anywhere else we can leave them.

Any other thoughts on how we can engage more Ubuntu Users in Oregon or
potential new users? Please do share ideas here on the mailing list.

--
Benjamin Kerensa
http://benjaminkerensa.com