[Ubuntu Oregon] MacBook Air Ubuntu support?

Scott Garman sgarman at zenlinux.com
Fri Jul 20 16:10:14 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I just got some budget funds from work that I need to spend this
quarter, and I'd like to get an ultrabook. Thing is, I'm not finding any
ultrabooks that meet my needs (13", high resolution screen, 8 GB RAM,
comfortable keyboard) and am beginning to contemplate buying a MacBook
Air and running Linux natively on it (i.e, wipe OS X completely from it).

I've found this help.ubuntu.com page which suggests that 12.04 works
well on last year's MB Air:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MacBookAir4-2

However, I'm not finding any information about this year's Intel Ivy
Bridge version of the laptop.

Can anyone point me to reliable information or personal experience with
this?

Thanks,

Scott