Anyone else tried KDE lately?

Cody Smith cody.smith9202 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 03:04:11 UTC 2012

On 01/20/2012 09:58 AM, Benjamin Kerensa wrote:
> On 01/20/2012 09:42 AM, Nathan Williams wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> So.. I got that masochistic feeling again, and decided to try playing
>> around
>> with Arch this week (don't shoot!). In the process of setting up a
>> desktop, I
>> realized that all of my DE adventures lately have been centered around
>> Openbox, Gnome, and Unity.
>>
>> I loathe e17, am undecided on tiling wm's, and hadn't tried KDE in ~4
>> yrs, so
>> I decided to give it a shake, and ya know, I have to say that I am very
>> impressed! After some fiddling, the "Activities" concept is pretty
>> cool, and
>> I'm particularly keen on this "Show a launcher for ${X} application
>> when it is
>> not running" feature. :)
>>
>> I may just have to take back everything I'd previously said about KDE...
>>
>> So... anyone else using/used KDE recently, and have some thoughts on
>> it? Any
>> cool features I might be missing?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Nathan W
>>
> Gnome Classic on 12.04 for the win.

the Gnome devs will take that out eventually, and that will eventually
hit Ubuntu, so that will be lost then.

I myself am using Kubuntu 11.10 with Cairo Dock, and it's pretty solid,
haven't had the constant Kwin crashes I had with 11.04.

--
--Cody Smith--Ubuntu Oregon LoCo Team member and FLOSS fanatic--