Results of LoCo Council Meeting

Benjamin Kerensa bkerensa at ubuntu.com
Tue Jan 17 21:10:05 UTC 2012

Hello Everyone,

For those who were unable to attend today's LoCo Council meeting in
regards to our application for approval. I regret to inform you that the
Ubuntu LoCo Council decided to decline our application for approval. The
LoCo Council cited a lack of "history" for their reason for voting
against our approval and although I think I explained the lack of
documentation I do think that the reasons provided and the mailing list
archives were significant enough to make that not a concern.

I shared my feedback that I feel the LoCo Council lacks a clear
definition of what expectations they have for approving a LoCo and one
Council member assured me they would be working on clarifying this
during their term. I hope that we can change their minds in six months
and just continue to do what were doing because like I said we do not
exist as a LoCo for the purpose of seeking acknowledgement from a
council but instead we exist because we advocate for Ubuntu and Free
Open Source Software.

--
Benjamin Kerensa
Team Lead, Ubuntu Oregon