[Ubuntu Oregon] MacBook Air Ubuntu support?

Benjamin Kerensa bkerensa at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 21:01:36 UTC 2012

Nathan,

You should get a System76 or the new Zareason Ultrabook :)

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 3:54 PM, Nathan Williams
<nathan at nathanewilliams.com>wrote:

> Thanks, Scott. I look forward to reading your write-up. I'm looking at
> picking up a new laptop later this year, and am currently torn between
> lenovo and a macbook. I'm sure your writeup will come in handy to many
> folks looking at running ubuntu on the newer hardware.
>
> - nathan
>
> Benjamin Kerensa <bkerensa at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> >On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 3:28 PM, Scott Garman <sgarman at zenlinux.com>
> wrote:

> any
> it).

> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MacBookAir4-2>

> >> As a follow-up I've successfully installed and am running 12.04 natively
> >> on the MBA. I've written up the process in the Apple Users subforum of
> >> Ubuntu Forums:
> >>
> >> http://ubuntuforums.org/**showthread.php?t=2039799<
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2039799>
> >>
> >> There's a fair bit to do post-install, but it pretty straightforward and
> >> is mostly the same as what you'd do on the 2011 MBA.
> >>
> >> Scott
> >>

> >Nice work.
> >
> >--
> >*Benjamin Kerensa*
> >*http://benjaminkerensa.com*
> >*"I am what I am because of who we all are" - Ubuntu*
> >
> >--

 Benjamin Kerensa
Tech Pundit & Social Media Guru <http://www.benjaminkerensa.com>
Phone: (503) 564-8608
 <http://facebook.com/bkerensa>  <http://twitter.com>
<https://plus.google.com/u/0/115750270177636397262>
  <http://www.stumbleupon.com/stumbler/bkerensa/>
<http://www.reddit.com/user/bkerensa>
  <http://flickr.com/bkerensa>  <http://benjaminkerensa.com>
<http://wiki.ubuntu.com/bkerensa>
  <http://www.last.fm/user/bkerensa>

*This message may contain information which is privileged or confidential.
If you are not the named addressee of this message please destroy it
without reading, using, copying or disclosing its contents to any other
person.*