JVLB UEFI Problem

Allison Randal allison at canonical.com
Mon Oct 31 14:43:34 UTC 2011

This is almost certainly a problem with some hardware component in the
system. UEFI has been around a long time, and is compatible with Linux
(including Ubuntu). The Secure Boot feature was just introduced in the
UEFI v2.3.1 specification released in April 2011, and the hardware
vendors are still working on implementation. So, UEFI Secure Boot isn't
shipping in current hardware.

JVLB, if you let me know a little more about the specs of your system, I
can look up the components in our hardware database
(http://hwdb.ubuntu.com/) and see if we can pinpoint a likely cause of
failure.

Allison