A general heads up.

James Bradley jim at oregoncanoesport.com
Sat Oct 22 19:02:31 UTC 2011

Recent articles regarding UEFI and Windows 8 suggest the problem of the
former blocking Linux bootloader installation is a matter that will
appear at the introduction of the latter. That is not the case. It is on
Win 7 machines and blocking GRUB installation now.

My friend recently got an HP s5-1110 with Win 7 installed. UEFI has
prevented the installation of GRUB on this machine. I could find no way
in the BIOS to disable the feature and so far, as I work my way up the
HP tech support ladder, I have found no HP techs who have a clue what
I'm talking about.

Just a heads up and a possible topic for discussion at the party. Of
course, if anyone has more information on this issue, I'd be glad to
hear from you.

JVLB