11.10 Release Party (Details & RSVP)

Benjamin Kerensa bkerensa at ubuntu-oregon.org
Mon Oct 10 01:06:05 UTC 2011

Hello Everyone,

I'm proud to announce Ubuntu Oregon's 11.10 Release Party will take place on
October 22nd, 2011 at Backspace, 115 NW 5th
Ave<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=115+NW+5th+Ave,+Portland+OR&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=39.099308,63.457031&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=115+NW+5th+Ave,+Portland,+Multnomah,+Oregon+97209&z=16>,
Portland, Oregon. Although this will not be a catered event there will be
plenty of food and beverage options for those who bring money. Backspace
makes everything from Nachos to Hummus and has a wide variety of local
non-alcoholic beverages. Additionally next door there is a very decent
burger shop that sells domestic and micro brews and there is Chinese food
and other options in close proximity.

It is pretty likely that we may break off into a group after the release
party to grab a cocktail for those who are interested and during the event
we will have access to free wifi and power!

I would like to take a quick second and thank
Eucalyptus<http://www.eucalyptus.com/>for sponsoring some custom
Ubuntu Oregon Oneiric T-Shirts... We should have
close to enough for everyone who attends but just in case I will say they
are going to be given out on a first come first serve basis!

Feel free to bring a friend or relative and please RSVP at
http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-us-or/1335/detail/ (You can RSVP last
minute if need be) I'm hoping some of the local Canonical people will be
able to attend and I'm going to ping them with this announcement so we shall
see!

If you have any questions, comments or concerns feel free to send them to
the mailing list or e-mail me directly!

  *Benjamin* *Kerensa***
Team Lead, Ubuntu Oregon LoCo
bkerensa at ubuntu-oregon.org | www.ubuntu-oregon.org