Salem Ubuntu Hour and Salem LUG

Cody Smith cody.smith9202 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 21:47:21 UTC 2011

On 10/03/2011 02:11 PM, Thomas Mashos wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 1:47 PM, Cody Smith
> <cody.smith9202 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm looking to organize a Salem Ubuntu Hour for those who are
> interested. the details about this kind of event are found here:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Hour
>
> I'm aiming for Wednesdays in the early evening (around 4PM) but
> this is negotiable, anyone interested can come, but would either
> have to have an Ubuntu logo sticker on their laptop if they bring
> any, or an Ubuntu logo on their shirt, or both. this is as per the
> Ubuntu Hour requirements. and the venue may vary, but it would
> likely be either at the Salem Public Library or the Broadway
> Commons Coffeehouse, the Coffeehouse requires you to purchase
> something from them to do this there. both of these venues are
> sitting on bus routes, so those without other transportation can
> easily get there. the bus actually stop at the Library, and the
> Coffeehouse is just a block from a bus stop, depend which stop you
> get off at. anyone is welcome to come so long as they make sure
> they fulfill the requirements set by the wiki. let me know if there
> is a better time I could aim for or you have any suggestions for
> venues. this is an informal gathering just to hang out and discuss
> Ubuntu and Linux in general.
>

> Also, Ethan, I heard from Ben that you are trying to revive the
> Salem LUG, if there is anyway I can help, I will do my best to.
> just shoot me an Email or catch me on IRC to discuss this. I am
> hoping I could be of at least some help with the Salem LUG. my
> Email is cody.smith9202 at gmail.com so let me know if there is any
> way I can help.
>
> --Cody Smith

>> settings or unsubscribe at:
>>

> +1 for Broadway Commons, although I wouldn't be able to make a 4:00
> PM. Earliest I could be there would be about 5:45PM during the
> week.

Like I said, the time AND venue are negotiable, so the 5:45 may be a
possibility, and I'd have to leave early to catch the appropriate bus,
but if that time work better for everyone, that time will likely be
the time we meet.

- --
Email from Cody Smith
signed with OpenPGP, if the signature block aint there, it's not from me.