Portland Ubuntu Local Jam and Debian Bug Squashing Party Reply-To:

Steve Langasek vorlon at debian.org
Mon Nov 28 23:18:59 UTC 2011

Hi folks,

I'm thrilled to announce that this coming Sunday, December 4, we will be
holding a first ever combined Ubuntu Local Jam and Debian Bug Squashing Party
in Portland, OR.

This event will be held at the PuppetLabs office in downtown Portland from
10am to 5:30pm.  The address is:

    411 NW Park Ave
    Suite 500
    Portland, OR 97219

Interested in giving back to your favorite distribution?  Whether you're an
experienced developer or making your first foray into the world of Open
Source, please join us for a day of community fun!

Q. What is an Ubuntu Local Jam?

A. An Ubuntu Local Jam is like an Ubuntu Global Jam:

     https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGlobalJam

   ... except not scheduled over Labor Day weekend when people are out
   of town, so more folks are able to attend!

Q. What is a Debian Bug Squashing Party?

A. A Debian Bug Squashing Party is an event where Debian developers and
   enthusiasts gather to fix bugs for an upcoming release.

     http://wiki.debian.org/BSP

More information will be available soon on ubuntu-us-or at lists.ubuntu.com
and debian-portland-soc at pdx.debian.net.

Hope to see you there!