Debian Dinner

Benjamin Kerensa bkerensa at ubuntu.com
Thu Nov 17 16:19:46 UTC 2011

Hello Everyone,

So tonight I'm going to the Debian Dinner out in Southeast Portland at a
Thai Restaurant and I'm hoping that after tonight I might be able to
align Ubuntu Hour's with the same time the monthly Debian Dinner's occur
which seems to be the trend in other major metro areas like San
Francisco and other cities. In anycase they meet once a month and
coincidentally a number of the Debian people happen to have worked or
currently work at Canonical and do development on Ubuntu and for Debian.

I believe tonight they have a pretty well known Debian Dev who has
written a handful of books so I look forward to meeting with these
Debian guys and discussing the possibility of doing stuff within the
same day which makes it more convenient for Debian people to also check
out our events.

In any case I will discuss this more on Nov 27th at 7pm which is our
next scheduled IRC meeting on #Ubuntu-us-or and as always I encourage
all LoCo participants to show up for that meeting especially if you are
not a regular on IRC. Don't forget that you can access IRC via
www.ubuntu-oregon.org without any need of installing a client!

--
Benjamin Kerensa
Team Lead, Ubuntu Oregon LoCo