Re: WOU Seeking Ubuntu Oregon to Mentor Computer Science Students

nathan w nathan at nathanewilliams.com
Mon Nov 7 02:07:39 UTC 2011

Count me in.

----- Reply message -----
From: "Benjamin Kerensa" <bkerensa at ubuntu.com>
To: <ubuntu-us-or at lists.ubuntu.com>
Subject: WOU Seeking Ubuntu Oregon to Mentor Computer Science Students
Date: Sun, Nov 6, 2011 4:54 pm
Hello Everyone,
An Assistant Professor at Western Oregon University (WOU) has reached out to me in the hopes that I might be able to facilitate some mentors for her students who will be learning about contributing to FOSS projects. The professor in question decided Ubuntu was an excellent FOSS project to immerse her students in as such she made contact with someone in California who directed her to me.

I'm preparing to respond to her e-mail to see what exactly will be needed from mentors but I wanted to let everyone know so that they can provide feedback and to see if there is any interest from Ubuntu Oregon members to mentor a student. I personally will mentor a student at WOU if needed and I believe this will all be done remotely but I will be sure to get all the details.

If your interested just reply to this so I can gauge interest.
Sincerely,
Benjamin KerensaTeam LeadUbuntu Oregon