WOU Seeking Ubuntu Oregon to Mentor Computer Science Students

Benjamin Kerensa bkerensa at ubuntu.com
Mon Nov 7 00:54:22 UTC 2011

Hello Everyone,

An Assistant Professor at Western Oregon University (WOU) has reached out
to me in the hopes that I might be able to facilitate some mentors for her
students who will be learning about contributing to FOSS projects. The
professor in question decided Ubuntu was an excellent FOSS project to
immerse her students in as such she made contact with someone in California
who directed her to me.

I'm preparing to respond to her e-mail to see what exactly will be needed
from mentors but I wanted to let everyone know so that they can provide
feedback and to see if there is any interest from Ubuntu Oregon members to
mentor a student. I personally will mentor a student at WOU if needed and I
believe this will all be done remotely but I will be sure to get all the
details.

If your interested just reply to this so I can gauge interest.

Sincerely,

Benjamin Kerensa
Team Lead
Ubuntu Oregon