Ubuntu Oregon Table @ OSCON 11 (Update)

Benjamin Kerensa bkerensa at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 15:33:24 UTC 2011

> Hey Guys,

I'm unsure if we will have CD's or not since this all happened pretty last
minute and I was the only person to really respond to the request and try
and coordinate things at the last minute.

I spoke with Jono Bacon (Ubuntu Community Manager) yesterday and he to had
got last minute details on the table and said had he got more advanced
notice then he would have shipped a box of stuff to give out.

Per my discussion with Jono he said we (Ubuntu Oregon) should just try and
pull together whatever we have whether it be some blank CD's to burn copies
of natty and get a banner printed at Kinko's. Mark Terranova is doing a lot
to help out but has other obligations at OSCON so hopefully we can pull
something together before Tuesday.

I have heard back from three Ubuntu Oregon Members and two of them have
agreed to help out and as such I will give more details as they become
available. This afternoon I need to go down to OCC (Oregon Convention
Center) and meet with O'Reilly who hosts the event so that I can pickup
Exhibitor Passes for myself and the two others who are going to help with
the table.

Next year this should be better organized and I also talked to one of the
executive leaders of Open Source Bridges and they would like to see us at
that event too so hopefully if we all collaborate a few months out we can
arrange to get stuff from Ubuntu early and have a good setup.

On another note I have accepted an offer from Mark Terranova to assist in
getting Ubuntu Oregon meetups and events off the ground going forward and as
you know Ocelot will be releasing in the near future so of course we will be
having a release party for that and I'm open to any suggestions for venue (I
personally like Backspace) or any other aspects.

Have a good weekend.

- Benjamin