Eugene meeting ideas

Mark Terranova mark at gidgetkitchen.org
Tue Jan 18 17:07:56 UTC 2011

NOTE: this was sent to the *bounces list* the filters rejected it. I noticed
it and had to re-post. (I put the ideas on our wiki for the Eugene event)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/OregonTeam

From: Dylan Mann <dylan.mann at gmail.com>
To: ubuntu-us-or at lists.ubuntu.com
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 12:34:21 -0800
Subject: Re: Ubuntu-us-or Digest, Vol 23, Issue 4
As far as a Eugene meeting, we have plentiful coffee shops to choose from.
 Two that I can think of off the top of my head are Theo's on Lincoln and
8th, and Espresso Roma on 13th by UO campus.  Both offer wifi from what I
remember (been out of work so have had to cut back on my espresso habit).
 Depending on the weather, Espresso Roma has a covered outside area also.
 Also the Eugene Library has meeting rooms available but they have to be
reserved.  Not sure everything that's involved with it but they are good
size (used to hold monthly council meetings there with a non-profit I used
to be involved with and we'd have 30-50 people usually).

As far as my Linux experience, I've used various flavors off and on for
about 10 years.  I guess I'd call myself an
experienced novice.  Still a lot to learn but I have found myself going to
the command line more and more lately.

Dylan Mann
dylan.mann at gmail.com

"Luck is often with the man who doesn't include it in his plans."