Let's make another effort to get this Team started

Aaron aaron at browncoat.us
Fri Jan 14 21:47:24 UTC 2011

Hey everyone!

Someone else had replied that they where a novice, etc. Which actually I had
a thought..what is everyone's experience with Ubuntu/Linux?  What do we want
to accomplish by getting together?  I think it would be fun to work on some
projects as well.  For example, I'm working on learning some android
programming--which sort of indirectly relates to Linux in certain aspects.
It would be fun learn android with some other folks.

As for my Ubuntu/Linux experience, I have been using Linux for the past 5-6
years.  I worked on the HP Linux Imaging and Printing project for the
majority of that time and have used pretty much all the major distros at one
time or another.  I know bash pretty well and can troubleshoot linux
hardware and software issues.  I finally got to the point where I
know/understand linux more than windows!

The HPLIP project was, sadly, moved overseas.  These days I'm testing
printer wifi firmware and windows printer drivers. Although I'd like to
eventually be working with Linux in a professional capacity again soon.

I also want to get the LPIC ..so if there are others interested in doing
that maybe we can have a study group or go over some things when we meet.
etc.

Just some thoughts!