Ubuntu Oregon - Ubuntu Global Jam Announcement <-- Read Please

Benjamin Kerensa bkerensa at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 05:48:33 UTC 2011

Hey Everyone,

I hope you are having a summer filled with picnics, swimming and of course
open source. I have been hard at work the last week or two making
arrangements for Ubuntu Oregon's Ubuntu Global

In any case I wanted to let everyone know we will be holding a Ubuntu Global
Jam event at PuppetLabs Corporate Office <http://www.puppetlabs.com/> in
Portland, Oregon on September 3rd, 2011 during the afternoon likely (still
trying to nail down exact hours) and as part of our contribution to the
greater Ubuntu Community this year we will be focusing on Bugs, Testing,
Upgrading and Documentation.

I'm encouraging every single Ubuntu Oregon member to attend and if any
Ubuntu Washington LoCo members happen to be in the area I encourage them to
drop by. You do not need to be a Linux guru to attend!

So here is the skinny so far:

*Venue:* PuppetLabs has graciously agreed to allow us to use their offices
to do Ubuntu Global Jam

*Swag:* We will be giving away Ubuntu Oregon/Ubuntu Global Jam 2011
T-Shirts, Ubuntu User Magazines and some other goodies.

*Food & Beverage:* I would like for there to be some light snacks and soft
drinks for anyone who attends and I'm working on making this happen but if
I'm unable to pull it off I figure we can all though in a few dollars and
buy it the day of the event. Additionally if any members would like to
volunteer to bring some two liters of soda then we could just arrange to
bring this stuff.

 Benjamin Kerensa
Phone: (503) 564-8608
 [image: Facebook] <http://www.facebook.com/bkerensa> [image:
Twitter]<http://www.twitter.com/bkerensa> [image:
Quora] <http://www.quora.com/bkerensa> [image:
LinkedIn]<http://www.linkedin.com/in/bkerensa> [image:
The Shared Web] <http://www.thesharedweb.com/bkerensa>

*This message may contain information which is privileged or confidential.
If you are not the named addressee of this message please destroy it without
reading, using, copying or disclosing its contents to any other person.*