Ubuntu-us-or Dead?

Dan Smith j.daniel.smith1 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 18:37:58 UTC 2011

Hi Everyone,

I started the team and used to be the team contact.  However, I am currently
living in Germany.  If anyone needs information or ideas for the team,
please feel free to email me.  Given the fact I am eight hours ahead of
Pacific Standard Time, it's not always realistic for me to be available via
IRC but I will start logging in so I can be available for realtime
conversations.

For these groups to work, someone has to organize meetings.  It doesn't
matter if they are on IRC or in person or both but schedules need to be
posted and emailed to the list (with a reminder the day of) to maximize
participation.  I am willing to help where I can but my geographical
location and limited internet connectivity often gets in the way of being
able to fulfill the duties.  I have had a few other people approach me about
taking the reigns but so far nothing appears to have panned out.

My email address has changed.  I don't think the @ubuntu.com address will
work any longer as I have not been formally contributing as much as I once
did and have not participated in any meetings in over a year.  FYI: I
updated my information on the wiki page.

I'll keep sending information regarding events and discounts to the list as
I receive them.

--
Best regards,

Dan Smith