July, lets do an installfest

Mark Terranova mark at gidgetkitchen.org
Fri Mar 5 17:50:45 GMT 2010

Hello everyone, there is a cool event planned before OSCON (in Portland.)
It's called the Community Leadership Summit -
http://www.communityleadershipsummit.com/ July 17 - 18 . It's FREE & there
will be Ubuntu folks from all over the country & world. Of course we want
everyone from the local Ubuntu groups there.

I understand that not every one can make it, SO, let's see if we can plan 2
local installfests. For Washington State, what spot works best? My guesses
are Seattle or Olympia would work best. For Oregon, Portland & it's
surroundings might work. Free Geek would be suitable. Eugene would also to
help include Southern Oregon.

This is all about involving local folks.  Let's start planning something
now.

Sharing Ubuntu,
Mark Terranova
GidgetKitchen.org
510 228-4646

   "We chose the name Ubuntu for our distribution because we think it
captures perfectly the spirit of the sharing and cooperation that is at the
heart of the open source movement."

It's a *movement. *