would like to join Portland/Oregon team

John Montgomery blueyonder64 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 06:10:25 BST 2009

Funny you should mention that Dwight. I've actually scared up a couple
Ubuntu users here in the local area who will be volunteering with me at
our Third Thursday event next month, and more relevant to your comment,
we are going to concurrently solicit and accept donations for FreeGeek
and send whatever we collect up North to them. So there may be a common
thread forming here, and if I can get more than just two or three people
interested in seriously getting behind it in my area, perhaps it might
be worth coordinating with PLUG. The only trouble is we are almost as
geographically far from Portland as you can get and still be in the
state of Oregon, so most likely we would mirror the topics from their
meeting schedules on our own schedule, perhaps meet with them in person
a couple of times a year, and if we're lucky, entice a speaker to make
their way down here once in a while. Anyone have any thoughts on that?
As it stands with the small numbers we have down here, that is one of
the options that makes the most sense to me.

I also just wanted to comment that all of this feedback is great, and
exactly what I've been looking for since I first posted to this mailing
list a few months ago, which is an exchange of ideas, proposals,
opinions, etc., and I love it. Keep 'em coming.

Cheers - John