Portland Saturday Market

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.org
Thu Oct 25 23:24:28 BST 2007

On Thu, Oct 25, 2007 at 02:35:47PM -0700, Lord Dicranius wrote:
> Hey all!
>
> I was wondering if anybody has ever been to the Portland Saturday Market
> before (http://www.oregon.com/trips/portland_saturday_market.cfm).  I'm just
> surfing around for festivals, etc around the Portland area that we might be
> able to setup a booth at.  The site says this one runs every Saturday from
> March to December.  December is fast approaching, but if we can get supplies
> together, maybe we could setup a booth next Spring.  One thing before all
> that happens though, does anybody know how the process of setting up a booth
> works at this specific market? haha  I found a phone number to call for more
> info, but I'm at work right now.  I'll give it a call later and see what
> details I can get if people are interested.

I've been there many times.  It typically focuses on random
craft-oriented things like candles, glass blowing, woodcrafts, etc.
It's outdoors; some booths are under a bridge, but you'd probably want
to be prepared for rain.  I think there's a fee associated with having a
booth but have no idea about the details.

Certainly it'd be a good way to interface with a different sort of crowd
than typically comes to computer events.

Bryce