[Ubuntu-us-ok] tonight! okcLUGnuts January Meeting

derrick parkhurst derrick.parkhurst at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 22:11:09 GMT 2010

The next meeting will be Tonight, Friday, January 8th at 7pm at the okcCoCo.
We'll start with a MythBuntu InstallFest. Chris Stackpole will help anyone
that brings a system through the install and config of MythTV. Derrick
Parkhurst will give a presentation on audio and video compression technology
and formats, editing and transcoding software as well as where and how to
get the best media including podcasts, music and movies. Bring your computer
and learn hands on.

As always, we'll also open the floor up to anyone interested in making a
short presentation on whatever they are working on or finds interesting (to
do with Linux).

We'll have dinner and drinks generously donated by our meeting sponsor
Brocade (http://brocade.com). Brocade is an industry leader in data center
networking solutions and services that enable organizations to manage their
most vital information assets. Brocade has pioneered the technologies that
enable highly reliable and secure data center connectivity.

See you there,
Derrick

--
Derrick Parkhurst, Ph.D.