[Ubuntu-us-ok] Compiling a list for Tulsa

Devin Venable venable.devin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 14:02:12 BST 2010

Hi guys,

I'm a Tulsa-based Linux developer and I'd like to compile a list of
Tulsa companies that use Linux and specifically Ubuntu.  There is
sometimes the impression that all Tulsa development is .NET based and
I hope to be able to present an alternative

These are the companies that I'm aware of:

OpenTundra (http://opentundra.com)
Contact: Josh Mize

Global Technology Partners (http://gtplimited.com)
Contact: Devin Venable

Vetsource (http://www.vetsource.com)

Visionael (http://www.visionael.com)

I've worked at GTP, Vetsource and Visionael, and the Penguin was in
all three shops.  Visionael, last I checked, was developing and
deploying JAVA-based apps on Linux.  I used Ubuntu while there.

Vetsource is a JAVA focused shop running on Red Hat servers.
Developers can work on any platform that supports the environment.
Some use Max OS and others use Ubuntu.

GTP is a debit card issuer and runs Oracle and back-end services on
Centos.  Web sites and services are also migrating to Linux.

Does anyone have any more information to add to this list?

Thanks!

Devin