[Ubuntu-us-ok] Ubuntu Global Jam '10

Duane Hinnen duanedesign at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 14:55:55 BST 2010

The* Ubuntu Global Jam <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Jams>* is coming up and I am
organising a Bug <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Jams/Bugs> & Documentaion
Jam<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Jams/Docs>in Tulsa. The
*Ubuntu Global Jam* is an incredible opportunity for the Ubuntu community to
unite together around the weekend of *27th - 29th August* to work together
to improve Ubuntu. Everyone is able to contribute to the Jam, and everyone
is welcome and encouraged to get involved. The two main areas we will be
working on are  wiki
documentation<https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WikiGuide>and bug
triage <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MitchTowner/Sandbox>. If you have never done
either of these don't worry we wiil have people available to answer
questions. Additionally there are some links at the end of the email to get
you started**.

The Global Jam will take place on *August 28th, 12:00 p.m.* at the *Tulsa
Hardesty Library* <http://www.tulsalibrary.org/hardesty/>.

Just prior to the Ubuntu Global Jam, at 10:00 a.m., the Oklahoma LoCo/Tulsa
LUG Meeting will take place.

If you can we would love to have you for both. Please Email me if you are
interested in attending the Global Jam.

If you have not yet, I would encourage you to check out the *LoCo Team
Directory* <http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/ubuntu-oklahoma>*.* There is an RSS
Feed <http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/ubuntu-oklahoma/rss/>and an iCal
Feed <http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/ubuntu-oklahoma/ical/> to keep you
informed about the Oklahoma LoCo events.

**If you plan on coming to the Jam and are new to contributing to the
community you might want to read wiki
documentation<https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WikiGuide>or bug
triage <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MitchTowner/Sandbox> depending on your area
of interest. Wiki Documentation is probably the easiest way to get involved
in contributing to the community.
-
--
---