[Ubuntu-us-ok] October LUGnuts meeting on Friday - VDPAU & Inferno

derrick parkhurst derrick.parkhurst at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 08:00:24 BST 2009

LUGnuts - Linux User Group - http://okclugnuts.org

The next meeting will be on Friday, October 9th at 7pm at the okcCoCo
(http://okccoco.com). Thomas will give a presentation on VDPAU. VDPAU
(Video Decode and Presentation API for Unix) is an open source library
that allows video programs to offload portions of the video decoding
process and video post-processing to GPU video-hardware. Michael will
give a short presentation on the Inferno operating system. Inferno is
an operating system for creating and supporting distributed services,
based on Plan 9 from Bell Labs. As always, we’ll also open the floor
up to anyone interested in making a short presentation on whatever
they are working on or finds interesting (to do with Linux). We’re
looking for a sponsor willing to help provide pizza. If your
organization might be interested, please contact me. Your support
would really be appreciated.

Cheers,
Derrick

--